JAI HO singer Vijay thanks Rahman

It's not just Sukhwinder Singh who sung 'Jai Ho' for SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE. Other than him, there were three other singers who contributed to the song - Vijay Prakash, Tanvi Shah and Mahalaxmi Iyer. Though it has been Sukhwinder who has gained maximum mileage for the song, Vijay Prakash is glad that through the Oscar winner song, his voice is also reaching out to a global audience.

''Now it would be easier for people to know me after 'Jai Ho'. I should not expect more from the song'', says the 33 year old singer who has been around the Bollywood scene for close to a decade now, ''Apart from playback singing, I also do jingles and ads. However, as an artist you always long for that recognition.''

CHECK OUT: Bhushan Kumar - Rahman has finally got his due

He thanks A.R. Rahman for all the recognition he is getting today. ''He always does his best for an artist'', he says fondly, ''He is the first composer in India who started the practice of giving credit to all backup vocalists and everyone else involved in making a song. He is someone who will always try and want his artists to get maximum exposure.''

In that case, why did he miss out on walking the red carpet at Oscars?

''I am sure that there must have been some reasons for us not to be invited. Even Sukhwinderji wasn't there'', he says with a straight face, ''Yes, it would have been great had I traveled but not being able to do so doesn't make me regret it all in a big way. After the Oscar award for the song, I have become a lot optimistic. If 'Jai Ho' can happen in my life then I am sure a lot more goodies are on their way in my life.''


0 comments:

Post a Comment